We are, and we’re sure looking forward to seeing you at All Saints Catholic Church on Tuesday, September 2 for our first Guild Meeting of the 2013-2014 year! Just a few things to remember for the meeting on Tuesday:
1) We’ll be meeting at All Saints Catholic Church, on Arapaho and Hillcrest Road in Dallas,not at Hockaday School. Hockaday was a very gracious host for a couple of years, and we thank them for donating their rooms for our use. BUT! We are looking forward to the wonderful meeting room at All Saints and thank them also for their generous hosting for this year!
2) Are you going to be knitting along on our sweater project this year? We’ll be knitting an Elizabeth Zimmermann’s Seamless Set-In Sleeve Sweater, with the help of knitting instructor and DHKG Alum Patricia Kalthoff. If you’re not into knitting a you-sized sweater but still want to experiment with all of the fantastic techniques, Patricia has written a pattern for a small 100-stitch sweater that will fit a teddy bear. If you would like to participate, bring the following to the September Meeting:
- Approximately 200 yards of smooth worsted weight yarn
- Needles to get you approximately 5 stitches per inch (US 6-8 (3.5-4.5mm)), 16-inch circular and double-pointed needles
- 1-2 yards of smooth (cotton) waste yarn
- Stitch markers, tapestry needle and scissors
Hope we’ll see you at the September meeting, with needles at the ready!
Communications Editor 2013-2014