DHKG Renewal Time!!!!
Welcome to 2015 – 2016
They say in “Fashion Everything Old is New Again” (i.e. low cut jeans, platform shoes). That could apply to the 2015 – 2016 DHKG year.
- New Meeting Location: Walnut Hill Rec Center, Northwest corner Midway @ Walnut Hill Rec Center – New Location for this year. Old: Actually it was the Guild’s Meeting place in the 1990’s. New Start time: 7 pm instead of 7:30. More time for Programs and Show & Tell.
- Workshop: New 1 Day Workshop: Ann McCauley Workshop; Sunday, September 13th. Old Location: Knitting Fairy Yarn Studio and same format 3 hour workshop in the morning and a 3 hour workshop after lunch. See enclosed Flyer for Information!
- Yarn Crawl: New Dates, new opportunities for Fiber Lovers. Old: Same format–Visit area Fiber Business; show your support!!!
- Stitches Texas: New to Texas. Old: same style as Stitches East, West and Midwest (Knitting classes, market place)
- Dues: $30- to renew your membership- We hope you will–more knitters the better!!!!! Old: same price as before…..great programs, great show & tell and great Members!
- This Year’s Board: (Kay, Lorraine, Laura, Vanessa) New Additions, New Attitudes… Adding a New Perspective! Old Guard: (Lea, Rojean and Me) Tradition Bound… Giving the Guild Best of Both!! Working together for DHKG Benefit!
Programs: Vanessa has a full slate of Knitting programs – Check out the Meetings page for more information. Something for Everyone!!!
Membership: Kay and Lorraine- 2 are better than 1 handling Membership Badges, Discount Cards, Sign In Desk, etc.
Website: Laura has great ideas on updating the website; Send All Knitting Events & Information for Website Publication & Guild Notification
Treasurer: Lea keeps us on Budget and monitor of all things Money.
Secretary: Rojean is our Scribe-handling the all Guild Minutes & Correspondence
President: Me-Guild Management
Look forward to seeing each and every one of you Tuesday September 1st at 7 pm.
Sheryl E. Dial
2015 – 2016